Wednesday, November 20, 2013

What is Pathozen?

Zen concepts have developed from many schools in different countries.
Applying zen principles to my life I live my own path.
It is an idea that came to me June of 2012. I was trying to figure out a theme for a web portfolio. During this time my life was less than fruitful due to many failed attempts at starting a business, and I had worked myself into a frenzy too many times to find any pleasure in writing code anymore.  I decided that this would be a path of zen, meaning that regardless of the outcome I would work on it when I wanted to, and see what it becomes.

Pathozen.com has changed many times since it's inception as an idea. I sometimes write random articles, but they are always about my experiences, or path.  Sometimes I go about things Zen and sometimes not, but that is a good goal.  Zen is not some sort of excitement, but concentration on your everyday activities.  It is practicing everything.  It is about self improvement and discipline.



 Zen is the Zen that you seek.  What is Zen for one person may not be for another, and I have had little formal training in Zen and do not claim to be a master.  I am a student like everyone else. This blog is a reflection of my path.
Alice came to a fork in the road. "Which road do I take?" she asked. Where do you want to go? responded the Cheshire cat.I don't know, Alice answered. Then, said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
The beautiful thing about the internet is that what you write just sits there until someone seeks it.  Many of the things I blog about are things I would never bother my friends and family with.  Hours of thought organized into articles.  Writing is my outlet.  My blog is my outlet.   

Zen

"Before enlightenment
chop wood - carry water,
after enlightenment
chop wood - carry water"
No one can see their reflection in running water. It is only in still water that we can see.
~ Taoist Proverb